blueEnergy works to create a more equitable, sustainable world

11/02/2010

Service Learning Intern Guillaume talks about his experiences with blueEnergy

Guillaume Miltin is an intern that participated in our Service Learning Program in August, 2010. Guillaume worked with us for three weeks before starting his freshman year in studying business in his hometown of Paris, France.

Digging wells using the baptist method
By Guillaume Miltin – I spent one month at an NGO call blueEnergy located in Bluefields on the Atlantic coast of Nicaragua. I was there to help, learn and understand how an NGO works.

I was very grateful for this volunteer trip because I learned a lot about this country, such as the culture, religion, the different food, how to dance like a Nica and above all I learned to wait and be patient for transport!

During the first part of my stay I worked with Vincent, helping him in his mission to build wells for five families from the same neighborhood. It was very interesting for me because I never worked on such a project and the building was rather impressive. We built one well per week.

Bing Crosby's homemade turbine
After that, I went one week with Casey in the Corn Islands for a special mission: find renewable energy systems on the two islands. It was an awesome mission because we did the complete circle of the two islands to find these systems, and we discovered many amazing things and people.

It was a very good thing for me to travel alone and discover a country of Central America, which is very different than any of the other countries I have visited.

Thanks for all of your help, Guillaume!



No comments:

Post a Comment